AI Clinical Trial Support
A Boston-based, clinical-stage pharmaceutical company with over 200 employees required a greater biological understanding of their multi-modal data in order to stratify patients for an end-of-year clinical trial.
As a small drug developer, understanding and effectively analyzing complex data can be a significant challenge when designing and executing clinical trials. The client faced several challenges:
- Identify disease prediction biomarkers and uncover other biomarkers to understand drug response outcomes.
- Understand Target engagement and mechanism of action – when a drug engages the target, identify pathways triggered and the body’s response.
- Combine data points from different sample sources and complex molecular profiles, including transcriptomics from tissue data and proteomics from plasma and urine.
- Identify and incorporate public data sources with data generated in-house and academic labs to substantiate findings.
- Effectively Manage Datasets to enable reproducible analysis and reporting.
The team at Sonrai was excited to help the client overcome these challenges and meet its objectives. Sonrai provided a range of services.
- Provided clinical diagnostic consultancy on robust study design for effective biomarker selection and development.
- Delivered guidance on how to enable multimodal dataset management and analysis.
- Built a bespoke integration pipeline for the seamless processing of mRNA and proteomics data to enable deeper biological understanding.
- Developed advanced analysis capabilities for predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarker discovery.
- Worked with the client to identify relevant publicly available data sets for upload to Sonrai Discovery to complement their existing data and findings.
By leveraging Sonrai’s AI-driven insights, advanced analytics, and data integration capabilities, our client experienced significant advancements in clinical trial design, biomarker discovery, and overall drug development.
Panel of predictive candidate biomarkers identified
Which enabled the development and validation of an investigational use assay for clinical trial purposes.
Mechanism of action of the drug identified
Which has accelerated goals in research and development and quickened the validation timeline.