Future-Proofing Drug Discovery: Cloud Scaling Benefits
Case Study Highlights
We spotlight how our cloud technology is designed to support the deployment of complex, computation-heavy applications, making Sonrai Discovery an ideal environment for such tasks. Utilizing Sonrai Discovery facilitated seamless access for an unlimited number of users, significantly enhancing data analysis capabilities, customization, agility, and resource efficiency, while future-proofing bioinformatics infrastructure.
Our client is a world-renowned research-driven drug discovery company, dedicated to discovering and developing novel and innovative approaches to treating diseases in the oncology setting and beyond.
Bioinformatics is at the heart of the strategy of this company: driving target identification approaches, building the understanding of how pre-clinical therapeutics work, and predicting which patients would derive benefit.
The client sought to unify their analysis and visualization applications within a secure cloud environment to improve access and scalability.
- The client has developed an innovative suite of analysis applications for a set of clearly defined use cases. These apps allow scientists, who would normally sit outside of the bioinformatics group, to handle, analyze and visualize bioinformatics data.
- Each application is currently hosted on an on-site server which means that their ability to scale is limited.
- Additionally, current versions of the application had limited scalability in terms of capacity of concurrent users, restricting access and necessitating more efficient working practices.
Sonrai Analytics’ cloud technology is specifically designed for the deployment of complex and computationally intensive applications such as those being developed here.
Deployment on Sonrai Discovery:
- Sonrai Discovery was identified as an ideal environment to deploy these applications, along with Sonrai’s own applications, were dockerized and migrated.
- This migration enabled users to conveniently access both sets of applications by logging into Sonrai with no limitations on the numbers of users or applications.
The partnership resulted in the seamless integration of apps on the Sonrai platform with both improved pipeline customisation and agility. These outcomes enhance data analysis capabilities, save resources, and future-proof the client’s bioinformatics infrastructure.
Sonrai Discovery Integration
By hosting the application on the Sonrai Discovery, users can access both suites of applications, catering to their specific analysis needs. This integration offers flexibility for all users, accommodating on-site, remote, and hybrid work environments.
Unlimited Scalability and Enhanced Accessibility
Sonrai Discovery’s support for unlimited concurrent users ensured seamless scalability and enhanced accessibility. This optimization of the bioinformatics infrastructure future-proofs their capabilities and streamlines analysis workflows for transcriptomics and proteomics. The partnership has led to enhanced data analysis capabilities, resource savings, and improved pipeline customization and agility.